10 July 2010

three stupid people

Ah balmy summer nights set in and there's nothing better than a good old bit of british folklore, right? Maybe not. Earlier this year I had a lecture from an unusual man named Simon Costin who apart from a passion for taxidermy and a longstanding career as a fashion-show-set-creator... or something, he is also head of The Museum of British Folklore. Which hasn't quite materialised itself as a museum yet due to lack of funds, but instead a caravan. Anyway it's a fantastic caravan and although I didn't enjoy the lecture (was massively hungover and watching videos of people burning and drowning things and calling it tradition just made me feel more ill) but somehow it has since giving me a niggling interest in british folklore. I figure it's all we have. I've just come back to Yorkshire for the summer and not having had me, my brother and sister under one roof since Christmas we decided to make a short film based on this folk story, just for fun..

three wise men from gotham
went to sea in a bowl
if the bowl was stronger
this tale would have been longer











I will post up the film when it's edited. Warning: I intended it to be experimental and conceptual but somehow it just ended up as three stupid people running around the woods.

If you want to see people doing it properly check out the link-

No comments:

Post a Comment